Advertise with The Winchelsea Star
Why advertise with us?
Residents in the Winchelsea region turn to The Star as a long-standing and familiar source of news, information, events and local business details.
The Star is available in printed format from towns around the area, and also in digital format by subscription. This makes The Star an easy reference source when searching for products or services nearby.
The Buy Local campaign has seen growing support at grass-roots level, around the country and across the world. Winchelsea, as a small rural community, has always been inclined to favour local providers.
Join in with the growing trend for communities to support their own. It's estimated that for every $1 spent locally, there's a $5 boost to the local economy.
The Winchelsea Star welcomes advertising submissions from any organisation or individual, subject to editorial approval and the normal legal and moral restrictions/standards. We have a wide range of sizes available, and adverts can be booked on a casual (as-required) basis or on an ongoing basis - see lower down for full details of sizes and rates.
If you're looking for a one-off run of adverts, you can advertise for one quarter (12 weeks), and you're welcome to change your advert when you want to.
Community and non-profit events and information bulletins are published at no charge, but regular/ongoing community/non-profit adverts may incur a charge.
Note that normally adverts can be printed in colour only on certain pages, most pages being printed in black and white to reduce printing costs. However, digital subscribers receiving The Winchelsea Star by email see a full-colour publication, so it is worth submitting a colour ad even if it is to be printed black-and-white - but please check that your ad will look OK in both colour and black-and-white (sometimes the latter makes an ad harder to read).
Please contact The Star's Advertising Manager to discuss your particular requirements.
Advertising cats and dogs for sale. Victorian Domestic Animals Act 1994 states that all dogs and cats be microchipped before being given away or sold. Each animal advertised must contain a unique microchip number or the business registered number and council from where it is registered.
Motor advertisers. Private vendors of motor cars advertised for sale must include the price of the vehicle and either a registration number of the vehicle (if registered) or the engine number (if unregistered).
Lost & Found advertisements are published free. Simply provide the details for publishing.
The Star is managed and directed by a volunteer Committee, which is responsible for all policy decisions. The Advertising Manager has the authority to accept or decline adverts, but in the event you'd like to raise a dispute, please contact the current Chair-person by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Winchelsea Star Media Kit
The 'Media Kit' details the size and costs for the ads available in The Winchelsea Star. You can download the media kit as a PDF, or see its pages now (with ad sizes and rates) in the images below.
If you have any questions regarding the ad sizes or prices, please contact our Advertising Manager Sasha Gauntlett on 0408 102 802
or by email to email@example.com
Advertising Terms & Conditions
- Every business must honour its obligations under Australian Consumer Law. Businesses must not make false, misleading or deceptive claims about a product or service.
- Advertising space preference will be given to local businesses (ie. the Winchelsea Ward) that advertise weekly in the Star.
- Advertisement placement within the Star is at Editorial Committee discretion.
- Nominated positions may be available at Editorial Committee discretion on request but will attract additional charges.
- Defined premium advert locations (eg. Front Page footer) are available on a first-come first-served basis, subject to payment and advert approval, and for an agreed maximum number of editions if appropriate.
- Payment must accompany all advertisements. In the event of non-payment or funds failing to clear to The Winchelsea Star account, the related advert(s) will be cancelled. Any published adverts associated with a failed payment will require post-payment including any costs incurred due to payment failure eg. bounced cheque.
- No advertisements will be published for advertisers with accounts unpaid after 90 days. Any credit amounts held by the Star for an advertiser will be applied to any unpaid accounts for that advertiser.
- Refunds are not available where an advert has not been published eg. for space limits, technical production issues etc. In such cases, a paid advert which has not been published will be published as a matter of priority in the subsequent issue.
- Advertisements requiring proofs must be submitted no later than the Wednesday prior to the following week's edition. Final proof acceptance is required no later than the Friday prior to the following week's edition.